COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
In this article we are going to go over how COVID-19 affects 2022 New Year's Events in NYC.
Vaccination Proof for Indoor Activities (Key to NYC)
-Requirements Expanding in December
In December, COVID-19 vaccination proof requirements are expanding to include younger children and to require full vaccination:
- Children: Children ages 5 to 11 are now required to have proof of vaccination for the public indoor activities described further below. They must show they have received at least one dose of a vaccine.
- Full Vaccination: Starting December 27, people 12 and older participating in public indoor activities will be required to show proof they have received two vaccine doses, except for those who have received the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Starting January 28, 2022, children ages 5 to 11 must also show proof of full vaccination.
People 5 and older are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine for:
- Indoor dining
- Includes restaurants, catering halls, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, grocery stores with indoor dining and other indoor dining spaces
- Indoor fitness
- Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, dance studios and other indoor fitness studios, such as yoga or Pilates
- Indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces
- Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, hotel meeting and event spaces, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas
People 18 and older are also required to show identification along with their proof of vaccination. These requirements — called the Key to NYC — also means employees working at these locations must be vaccinated.
Proof of Vaccination
For proof of vaccination, you can use: CDC Vaccination Card. A digital photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable. NYC Vaccination Record or other official immunization record, including from your health care provider. A digital photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable. If you are unable to get this record, call 311. NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS. You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID. CLEAR Health Pass: Android | iOS. You can use the digital vaccine card option in the CLEAR app if you are 18 and older and are fully vaccinated. Excelsior Pass (or Excelsior Pass Plus). To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your New York vaccination record. If you are unable to use this app, try one of the other options listed above.
You can see further details by following this link - https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccines-keytonyc.page